Back to Blog Home
Do’s and don’ts of hearing aid battery care
Posted by Timothy Hilton, Hearing Instrument Specialist on January 16, 2019
Hearing aids batteries keep our ears going! Here are some quick do’s and don’ts to get the most out of your hearing aid batteries.
1. Do let your batteries rest for one min after you pull the tab off and before you put into your hearing aid.
2. Do throw your battery away if your hearing aid gets wet.
3. Do carry extra batteries with you at all times.
4. Do open your battery door at night when you take your hearing aids off.
5. Do use a battery tester to check your batteries.
1. Don’t store your batteries in the refrigerator or the bathroom.
2. Don’t store your hearing aid with the battery in it for an extended period of time.
3. Don’t forget to check the expiration date when you purchase your batteries.
4. Don’t leave batteries where children and/or pets could find and potentially swallow them.
5. Don’t open batteries or pull off the tabs until you are ready to use them.
For more tips, reach out to your hearing healthcare professional. If you don’t have a hearing care provider, we can help you find one in your area.